What does the bridge port on EAP 245 v3 do?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 14:51:26 - last edited 2020-11-19 17:10:01
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am looking at the EAP 245 v3 here right now and I read the 2nd port is a bridge port. Does it mean I can have an Ethernet cable connect between this mesh AP and my 4-port unmanaged switch so my PC and what not can connect from the switch?

Right now this is how I run my setup with TP Link's Deco mesh routers:

My ISP box has an Ethernet cable connected to theDeco Mesh Router. The 2nd port is connected with my 4-port unmanaged switch. This covers the upstairs wired and wireless access.

One of the ports runs a cat6e downstairs to my basement. This cable is plugged into my 2nd Deco mesh router. The 2nd port on that router is connected to another switch which is used by my PC and a few other things. Will this setup work with EAP 245?

Also, does EAP 245 have to be mounted on the ceiling? I read on the Interent its design doesn't care if it's ceiling or vertically standing up, right? Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:What does the bridge port on EAP 245 v3 do?
2020-11-19 21:53:30

@asian1up 

You can use the bridge port just like how you were using the Deco ports, wire a network device in order to receive the network connection.

The EAP is omnidirectional so you can have it either way.

Options
Re:What does the bridge port on EAP 245 v3 do?
2020-12-12 23:21:54

@Tony I bought it from amazon from a couple weeks ago and as soon as I connect eth2 and my tp link switch, it would not have internet connection. Perhaps I wasn't clear, but the intention is to replace my Deco with EAP as my mesh router. But this turns out is really just an access point. It does not replace the router. I just have to return the new EAPs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1575

Replies: 2