Votes

Localized Temperature Based Smart Action

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-23 18:01:32 - last edited 2020-11-23 18:02:49
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.19

As a user:

I want the Kasa app to have a Smart Action Based on Outdoor Temperature 

So that:

I have the ability to turn on a switch when the outdoor temperature in my zip code is reported at a certain degree.

I have the ability to turn off a switch when the outdoor temperature in my zip code is reported at a certain degree.

Example use case:  The HS300 is installed in a chicken coop and needs to turn on a powered exhaust fan in the summer at 80 degrees F or a heating device in the winter at 32 degrees F.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Localized Temperature Based Smart Action
2020-12-01 00:29:22

@ChiPolitico 

Not sure it is something that would be possible but we have added it to our suggestion request form.

Options
Re:Localized Temperature Based Smart Action
2020-12-02 01:22:56

@Carl 

i too would like this ability or a temp/humidity sensor to be used as a trigger.

as for looking up a local zip codes temperature that is a VERY simple data request.

You may need new developers.  Your forums are full of customers dissatisfied with you app.

Not a way to keep customers happy that are looking to automate homes if you don’t really have an automation app to go with your product.  Don’t loose more market share, get to coding and keep up with the other vendors of automation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1066

Replies: 2

Voters 3