AX1500 wifi coverage greatly reduced/ dropping after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 17:40:21
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Was this ever resolved? There have been others with same exact issue, but have never seen a reslution. I too have a new AX1500 that has worked wonderfully until the 10/28 firmware update. We have done much testing on our end and sure enough, like another post not only is the range now limited, our WIFI drops often. My boys are back to gaming with a LAN cable because their wifi drops so often. I also tried downgrading to both available firmware updates and like others who have tried, neither worked. I get the "unable to upgrade" message for both versions. 

This issue really needs to be resolved. We started having issues the night we did the firmware update. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1500 wifi coverage greatly reduced/ dropping after firmware upgrade
2020-11-28 22:02:10

I did the live chat today with a tech. His suggestion...change the channel on both both the 2.5 5ghz channels LOL. As suspected, my issue still exists. He seemed unsure whether or not downgrading to the previous firmware was an option since it tells us "unable to upgrade". If I can't go back to the previous firmware back when the router worked great, I think I'm gonna have to return the router.

Pretty ridiculous when a firmware update kills your router in an incredibly noticeable way. This thing is night and day different from how it worked prior to the update

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 1

Related Articles