Powerline ( TL-PA9020P) adapters/network not visible as a Windows 10 network option?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline ( TL-PA9020P) adapters/network not visible as a Windows 10 network option?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 19:46:58
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_902103_180511_903

My adapters are up and running with green lights on both ends and on both desktops.  Both systems are running Windows 10.  When looking for available network options in settings, should I be able to see/select the Powerline adapters?  I can't.  I'm hardwired into a CenturyLink router.  Suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline ( TL-PA9020P) adapters/network not visible as a Windows 10 network option?
2020-12-01 19:50:12

@Sturgeo 

One of the powerline adapters, the base unit, should be wired to your router. The other unit the remote unit would be the one that is wired to a remote computer.  Since the 9020 has 2 ports on each module you can connect a PC to the frist one but since you are already at the router and if there is an available port on it i would suggest connecting to that for better throughput. .   

Options
Re:Powerline ( TL-PA9020P) adapters/network not visible as a Windows 10 network option?
2020-12-01 21:12:38

@Carl 

Thanks for quick response Carl.  My config is a CenturyLink router (with 4 ethernet ports of which only two are used) hardwired to the base adapter, then to the second adapter where I have one desktop connected to each port.  Wouldn't I see that configuration on one of the desktops, if not both?  I've loaded the TP app and I can see both adapters; it appears that the adapters talking (?) to each other.  Just not visible on Windows?

Options
2020-12-01 23:17:16

@Sturgeo 

Yeah that would be normal.  These are generating a network the are esentially cans on a string and wired devices.  If you had a WPA device like the TL-WPA8630 you would see a network available because the w stands for Wireless and has an added WAP to the wired adapter functions. With having just a PA or wired only system they would simiply extend the wired connect of your router and not show up as their own network.

Options
2020-12-02 01:42:28

@Carl 

Kinda thought that would be the answer but thanks for the affirmation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 4