Mixed Deco 5 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mixed Deco 5 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mixed Deco 5 setup
Mixed Deco 5 setup
2020-12-04 07:58:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm looking to buy the m5 and want to make sure my requirements will map to the features of the m5.

I plan to have 2 nodes and the router.  A 4 port network switch will run from the deco router unit and hard wire into TV an Xbox and one of the nodes.  The second node is likely to run wireless.

Will this cause any issues due to the wired, wireless setup.  Do any of the features get impacted by this, such as parental control.

If so please explain as I could possibly hard wire the second node also and just want to know ahead of purchasing. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mixed Deco 5 setup
2020-12-04 17:59:24

@Cashm 

The set up seems fine.

The only issue that may come up is if the internet drops out (main Deco LAN won't know what is WAN or LAN), whatever is wired to the main Deco will have issues communicating locally. If you wire LAN devices to any of the satellite Deco units, that will not happen.

Options
2020-12-04 18:12:41

@Tony the extended plan is to LAN connect the wired remote node to a powerline as that will give me network in the garage.  So if I do that or even wire a TV via LAN from the wired remote node then it seems it should be fine from what you have said.

Sound correct??

Options
2020-12-07 22:22:37

@Cashm 

Yes, that should be fine. You can use powerline adapters to set up Deco units via Ethernet Backhaul.

If you use the powerline adapters, at least for ours there is a powerline LED light that will indicate if the two adapters see each other. So the electrical wiring at the garage needs to lead to the main circuit panel.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 268

Replies: 3

Related Articles