HS210 3-way dims but won’t shut off completely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 12:14:54 - last edited 2020-12-09 21:37:32
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I installed the HS210 last night and everything worked great. Upon waking up this morning, the lights in my kitchen are very dim with the switch in the off position. When the switch is turned on, the lights turn on to the full brightness. Why now won't the lights turn completely off? 

EDITS: 

To add to this question: I have (6) 8.5 W LED bulbs on this circuit. The chat support person (Charlayne) asked me to disconnect 5 of them to see if this fixed the problem. It did not. The lights continue to come on when activated at the switch or via the app. When I try to turn them off, they dim but do not shut off completely. Could this be leakage current through the switch that causes the LED drivers within the bulbs to drive the LEDs dimly? 

As an aside, the chat support person was pretty much worthless, though I don't know that their English was proficient and something could have been lost in the translation. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210 3-way dims but won’t shut off completely
2020-12-07 23:19:03

@cryerson 

For the HS200, misidentifying wires can cause a bulb to continue to get power, this may be the case as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 912

Replies: 1