Deco M5 under Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 under Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 under Alexa
Deco M5 under Alexa
2020-12-07 13:22:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I install Deco M5 (3 units) and also link everything with Alexa app.

I can see Wifi group under my Alexa app, all listed devices, but anytime I hit pause Wifi for any device, I just receive Device Unresponding and nothing happend.

Any advice?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 under Alexa
2020-12-08 22:30:04

@Style78 

In reference to this, there are other commands you can use, but not pause: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1569/

Options
2020-12-09 07:13:35
Hi Tony, at the end of that link which you shared are also pause commands mentioned. Anyhow, I tested via Alexa app, where I can see for every device also ON/OFF slider. If i press it, I get message Device Unresponsive.....
Options
2020-12-11 17:16:02

@Style78 

Thank you for pointing that out, my apologies for overlooking that.

Alexa uses the ability to remote control the devices in order to send commands. I would disable Wi-Fi and test remote management of the Deco to see that it works fine in the Deco app.

As far as Alexa, tell the service to discover devices. Another thing to try is to disable then re-enable the skill. There was a case where a user had to disable and re-enable the skill using a computer rather than the mobile app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 3

Related Articles