W3600(1.20) Vs W3600(1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

W3600(1.20) Vs W3600(1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:W3600(1.20) Vs W3600(1)
2020-12-11 22:02:04

@Super_Saiyan @Tony  Is this the formal support center or do I also contact other people or a call center or what?

Super_Saiyan wrote

@Super_Saiyan I've removed the two 1.20 version routers from my network. 
I know there is a firmware version mismatch, however with a hardware version difference I thought it would work.

So now i'm back to the same question I started with.

Who knows hardware? Difference between 1.20 and 1.0 and what is the significance between the firmware variations. When will the 1.20 have a firmware alignment with the v1.0?

Options
2020-12-12 01:44:23

@Super_Saiyan 

So i'm looking at the Deco 20 V1 firmware and look what it shows: 

1. Fixed the bug that satellite Deco nodes display offline in some cases.
2. Optimized total performance and stability.

But, my decos firmware update doesn't show it fixing the bug that satellite deco nodes display offline in some cases:

Recent v 1.2 hardware firmware update improved this only...

New features/Enhancements: 
1. Improved overall stability.

Deco X20(US)_V1_1.2.6_201013
Published Date: 2020-11-03 Language: Multi-language File Size: 20.82 MB

Modifications and Bug Fixes: 

1. Added the option to change the Wi-Fi encryption type.

2. Optimized the QoS feature.

3. Fixed the bug that iphone might lose internet connection intermittently.

4. Fixed the bug that the Mail service cannot connect to IMAP Servers correctly on Mac OS.

Note: Some old devices may fail to connect to Deco due to not supporting WPA2-PSK [AES]. You can change the Wi-Fi encryption type to WPA2-PSK [AES] / WPA-PSK [TKIP] to be compatible with these devices.

Deco X20(US)_V1_200709
Published Date: 2020-07-27 Language: English File Size: 20.86 MB

Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed the bug that satellite Deco nodes display offline in some cases.
2. Optimized total performance and stability.

Options
2020-12-14 23:35:13

@Super_Saiyan 

Here is how you can reach our support team: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

They can try to do some troubleshooting, and also escalate your case if the matter needs to be looked into further.

Firmware versions for the devices are exclusive to the hardware versions so the firmware numbers being different is normal and applies to all our other products.

Usually, disconnections from satellite units stem from the node simply being too far, but doesn't seem to be the case in your matter. Another thing to look at would be the main router or the main Deco. If that device also turns red, then the Deco is failing to receive an internet connection.

The difference between the two versions is the v1.2 has a different chipset which gives the different firmware versions.

Options
2020-12-15 00:22:11

@Tony Thanks. I've swapped out everything and troubleshooted to the nth degree... as you can tell from my thread. Finally removed the two suspected problems entirely from my network. I've not had a failure since I've removed them from my network. I'm returning these two and going to try to hang with the 4 I have.While I assumed the firmware is dependent per hardware version, but the v1.20 hardware's firmware didn't address the satellites dropping according to the firmware update description. See post #13.

Maybe if you're firmware fixes that, I'll buy another set, but until you guys fix that, how can I keep it for any longer? Disappointing...

Options