Intermittent call with Archer C4000 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 23:59:21
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel. 13901

Bought an AC4000 router recently and started to have intermittent call on Microsoft Teams. The call window showed 'Bad network connection' message, recovered in a few seconds, then turned bad again in a few minutes. I am connected on ethernet through TP-Link switch to the router. Restarted ths whole network several times, including the modem, router and switches, and still can't resolve the problem. BTW, the web GUI needs to be updated to have Archer C4000 in the drop-down menu

Options
5 Reply
Re:Intermittent call with Archer C4000 router
2020-12-09 12:52:20

@Luo2020 

I have an A20, and I had similar problems with Zoom. Message is not quite the same, but as I recall something along the lines of 'slow network connection' that would pop up randomly and disappear almost immediately. Never consistently either, could go days without seeing it.

Now it doesn't happen, or I haven't seen it since my ISP speed was changed from 100Mbps to 400Mbps.

I don't know if that is 'the fix' or not, and never used the MS program. If it is an Internet speed issue (or load on it), I'd assume I would have the same problem with the MS program too.

It might be interesting if you could use Zoom as a test and see if that has a problem for you as well?

One thing I would suggest, take the Switch out of the equation. Connect direct to the router as a test (if you can).

Options
2020-12-09 12:57:22

@Luo2020 

Might want to Google "bad network connection microsoft teams". I see some complaints about this, some quite recent.

May not be exactly what you see or are experiencing, but there are some suggestions. Like this site, https://www.equiinet.com/post/how-to-improve-call-quality-on-microsoft-teams

Options
2020-12-10 02:14:42

@IrvSp Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have Zoom on my work laptop, but my wife had the same issue with her laptop using Zoom. We also didn't have the problem before with an old Netgear router, which is why I suspect the bad network connection has something to do with the new router.

Options
2020-12-10 02:33:16

@IrvSp I did a Google search and found a long thread with 100 replies. There are many people experiencing the same issue and have tried different solutions but none of them really works. There seems to be some firmware issues with either laptop or router, or incompatibility between the two.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_security-mso_o365b/microsoft-teams-kills-all-network-connectivity/b11960f6-6dfe-4bd8-81f3-286b07de3134?page=10

Options
2020-12-10 13:41:42

@Luo2020 

Yeah, but if everyone doesn't have the same ISP speed, router, and h/w attached to the router with the same level of OS, it is hard to pin it on one thing as the cause.

Try Zoom or FaceTime, or any other connection program, like Team Viewer or similar programs and see if they drop. Not that if they do you'll be able to pin it on anything specifically. If they don't, well, it could be the application itself?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 5