Deco M9 Plus parental control issue, loosing devices when powered off.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 08:54:50
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

I have searched the forums and there is one with a similar issue, however still remains un resolved and no reply from TP Link moderator.

I have setup 3 x child profiles and added there devices.

However 1 child who has a nintendo switch and this keeps dropping of the list, I suspect when powering off at night. I add it again and then next time I look gone again.

I have deleted and rebuilt the profile, same issue

I have created a second profile for just this device, same issue.

Does the deco not use the Mac address? Its a really annoying issue and it looks like Im not the only one whi has it.

You can see offline devices in the offline list so why doesn't it remember its owner/profile?

Any help appreciated, as the auto chat thing had me going around in circles.

Have the kids found a way parental controls and now more tech savvy than myself, the day has arrived!crying

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus parental control issue, loosing devices when powered off.
2021-05-25 00:46:16
Hi, did you ever resolve your issue? I’m having the same problem and called the help desk. They only recommended rebooting and resetting all hardware and new passwords and none of it worked. Next step should they said would replace all my decos which seems like it won’t work either. Have you heard anything back for a fix?
Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus parental control issue, loosing devices when powered off.
2021-05-25 06:59:46

@Lena1129 

Hi 

Yes together with help we tried several things. One was they sent me a file to update my deco to latest version. It was saying no update needed.

Currently 1.5.1 Build 20210126.

But I,m sure one device went again. The final solution in the end was to change my password to the Deco App. I really found it hard to believe that the older teen must have had my password and was removing the device from the list. It never happened again. Help must have seen something from the script they asked me to send. 

But no more issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 588

Replies: 2

Related Articles