Archer AX1500 signal drops from Wifi and WLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 03:04:50
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought an AX1500, and for some reason my internet keeps dropping intermittently. This happens through WLAN and also Wifi. Speaking with a customer service representative, they instructed me to change my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but the issue still persists. 

Has anyone had a similar issue? I am using Verizon FIOS and am turning on only the 5 ghz channel. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 signal drops from Wifi and WLAN
2020-12-10 19:04:34

@SpacePope 

If you are also using the Verizon router, connect directly to that with your computer to see if the drops still happen. I would also swap the Ethernet cable coming out of the WAN port of the router. 

Visit the product page of your router on our website, to make sure you are running the latest build.

Options
2020-12-11 23:19:37

@Tony 

I am connected directly to the ONT, I am not using Verizon's router at all. I have tried using the ethernet cable supplied by Verizon as well as the one that was in the box with the AX1500.

I have spoken with multiple customer service reps, and I am on the latest build. I have tried using google's DNS, cloning my old routers mac address, etc. Still no luck, and I am getting drops on my internet frequently.

Options
2020-12-14 23:50:31

@SpacePope 

One other thing I would check is to contact the ISP just to make sure they don't see any odd drops on their end. If that checks out fine, then there may be an issue with the router WAN port. I would reach out to support at that time.

Options
2020-12-15 03:25:17

@Tony I just got a replacement unit and it still has the same issue! I am in contact with one of the developers of the router and it is still not working. I have switched back to my old Asus RT-N12 router and have had NO issues whatsoever with signals being dropped.

Options
2020-12-16 23:38:06

@SpacePope 

I would recommend to continue working with our support as they investigate it further and work with senior engineers if need be to try and resolve your issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 928

Replies: 5

Related Articles