How to configure router to WPA2 or WPA3 Security Type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 16:35:45
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0

Since our Apple devices updated to the IOS 14 software, we are now getting a weak secuirty.

It shows WPA/WPA2 (TPIK) is not considered secure.  If this is your WiFi network, configure the router to use WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 Security type.  

The router said it was up to date for updates.  If I could get some guidance on how to change, I would greatly appreacite it.

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to configure router to WPA2 or WPA3 Security Type
2020-12-10 23:47:07

@Legend64 

Log in to the router, go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, and make the changes below, at the end of step 7 do the same thing on the 5G page and switch to WPA2-PSK AES there.:

Options
2021-04-24 06:55:09

@Tony In my wireless setting, it doesn't show anything regarding WPA2 or WPA3. Only can rename network name and password

Options
2021-05-23 00:15:29

@naavin You're using the Tether app I bet? You need to directly login to the router and not use the app...

Options
2021-06-01 20:05:50

@SenderName The same problem happened to me and I logged in through the router not the app.  Any. recommendations?

Options
2021-06-20 02:02:25

@terae Hello...we had the same issue today...what you need to do is go into System Preferences/Network/Advanced, then delete out all the old wireless network names you have in the list under "Preferred Networks". And delete out the CURRENT wireless name/network you are now using with the less safe security type. 

Then, re-enter your current network in the list with the more secure security type. We unplugged the router/modem afterwards just to "reset" everything. I don't know if that did anything or not but we now accomplished our goal.

Hope that works for you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 32510

Replies: 5

Related Articles