antivirus doesn't update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

antivirus doesn't update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
antivirus doesn't update
antivirus doesn't update
2020-12-11 09:06:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Bought a m5 a couple of weeks ago. Antivirus is on. Database is from 1 jan. 2018. Click to renew doesn't help. 

What should I do?

TIA

Michiel

Options
6 Reply
Re:antivirus doesn't update
2020-12-11 23:47:02

@chieleman 

Try rebooting every Deco unit to see if the database automatically updates. You could also see if modifying the DNS servers:

Changing the DNS server settings

1. Tap “More” on the bottom right corner, then click on “Advanced” -> “IPv4”.

2. Tap “Internet Connection Type”, toggle off "Obtain DNS Automatically" and type in your preferred DNS server settings.

3. Click “Save” and the new DNS settings will take effect automatically.

Options
2020-12-12 11:31:04

@Tony 

I tried rebooting all three devices. No luck.

Also changed the primary dns to the one of Google (8.8.8.8). Also no  change.

So what is next...

I tap to renew, I see a yellow circle turn for about 2 seconds and then nothing changed.

Michiel

Options
2020-12-15 19:02:11

@chieleman 

I'd recommend reaching out to support to see what else may be done.

Since firmware 1.5.x the date reflected is the date of the database rather than when it was updated, but 2018 is too old. 

If you have not done so, you can try factory resetting every Deco node, and setting up the network again. Also, another thing that can be tired is to manually upload the latest firmware, even though it does have the latest: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1599/

Options
2021-02-04 21:39:18
Mine is doing the same - has anyone found a solution to this please?
Options
2021-02-05 00:15:29

@chieleman Try disabling the anti virus and rebooting the router. Then re-enable the anti-virus and give it about an hour. Mine updated after that but it took a while.

Systems Support Technician: We do PRECISION Guess Work based on unreliable data provided by those of Questionable Knowledge
Options
2021-02-05 06:59:24

@BigW3260  Thanks. A few weeks ago I looked at it again. It was still not updated. I did some, seemingly not related, things with the app. I looked at it again. And suddenly the antivirus was updated. That was once. since then no update. 5th of January. Not sure how often it updates. 

It is strange that it doesn't update easier. I am sure a lot of people don't even check and that a lot more people have this problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 734

Replies: 6