M9 QOS slowing internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-13 14:54:28
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

I have gigabit fiber internet and the Deco M9 plus. The two satellite routers are connected via ethernet backhaul.  When I first installed the system last year I was able to get near gigabit speeds from a computer connected to one of the satellites via ethernet. When QOS  was added to the firmware I am lucky to get half of that. If I connected a computer directly to the ethernet of the main Deco I still am getting much slower speeds. If I take the ethernet from my fiber ONT and plug that into my laptop I get gigabit speeds. 

There should be a way to turn off the QOS feature for higher speed connections, it's deliberately slowing things down on my network now.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M9 QOS slowing internet speed
2020-12-15 17:58:22

@mjreilly 

Setting the QoS to Standard will prevent it from favoring any activity. At the same time making sure the QoS speed reflects your internet speed and is not set to be slower. You also want to deselect any devices you set as a high priority.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 1

Related Articles