Apple and Chromebook pull invalid gateway amd dns

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-14 13:55:23
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After that mess that apple did saying that my TKIP encryption wasn't secure, I updated it to aes. Now my iPhone and chromebook pull a 192.168.1.251 address for thr gateway and dns. The stage part is that once I force them to repull dhcp (either refresh or setting a manual entry and switching back to dhcp) both work fine. My pi, android phone, Linux boxes, and windows computer all work fine. 

Any ideas? Is a 251 reserved for anythibg?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Apple and Chromebook pull invalid gateway amd dns
2020-12-15 21:58:09

@bholland84 

No, that doesn't seem right. If any the IP might be the router's IP. If you go into the DHCP server menu of the router, you can try configuring the gateway and DNS there? (Advanced > Network > DHCP Server)

If that doesn't work then something may be configured locally on the devices (host file?). I would probably assign the IP addresses locally in that case to force them away from .251.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 1

Related Articles