Archer A7 intermittent connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 00:28:20 - last edited 2020-12-15 00:31:03
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

Is there someway to put this router in a debug mode to capture a log?  Intermittent loss of service.  DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN,  I know it's not the internet service as another desktop is connected directly to cable modem and has no issues with intermittent drop of service. 

Most of the time after a few seconds to a short time longer the connection comes back is page loads. I notice it is better at some times than others.  I have changed channels for wifi, and only run 5G, but for the ethernet I don't know what to try.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 intermittent connection
2020-12-16 17:34:10

@markimark8 

If you have a cable modem I would log into the modem and verify the system logs to see if there are any critical 3 or 4 errors that cause the internet to randomly drop.

As far as the router, you can try swapping the Ethernet cable just to test. If the WAN port continues to drop, please reach out to our support team as it may be bad.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 787

Replies: 1

Related Articles