Fedup with my WiFi Archer C2600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 08:34:16
Model: Archer C2600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20170306 Rel. 33259

I'm fed up and frustrated with parental controls on my WiFi router and it seems I'm not the only one.  Been reading a lot of TP-Link forums and research online and nothing is helping so I'm hoping somebody at TP-LINK will read this.  PARENTAL CONTROLS IS A JOKE.  We should not be going through a bunch of hoops to get get this feature to work.  I have tried everything recommended and found online and yet kids can still browse the internet as if nothing.  Now I'm taking devices away because I don't trust WiFi router to do what I'm telling it to do and that's block the damn internet during certain times. 

Things I have tried:

1. Add devices to a blank white list in parental controls.  Adjusted times as needed

2. Time on router and time zones are correct

3. Verified latest firmware

4. Disabled IPv6

5. Verified devices are not using VPN or some kind of MAC spoofing

6. Seems to be worse with Chromebooks and Apple devices

The only way I can block a device is by going to Security/Access Control and adding the device there.  But this is a manual process I can't set times in there so why does this work and not parental controls.  To be fair this does work on devices connected via Ethernet but not wireless devices.  It's very frustrating and this has been going on far too long I would've thought a fix would be available by now but apparently I was wrong.  I see others just as frustrated its become a nuisance.  So much so I'm thinking of going with another brand that can do simple device access control. I've talked to tech support and that was no help I'm guessing I'll get the same response here.      

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 0

Related Articles