Deco X60 drops internet on work vpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 09:33:18
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel.64247

Dear,

Deco X60 drops internet over work vpn connection on both with NW cable and wifi. It works totally fine when connected to the old router. I also updated all the drivers on work laptop but it still it drops internet when connect to work vpn. Could you please advise how to fix this issue. I also downloaded Deco X60 log files, but cannot understand what is to be checked as I am not a teachnical expert.

kind regards,

Umair 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X60 drops internet on work vpn
2020-12-16 18:49:40

@M.Umair 

Try disabling the antivirus on the Deco to see if that may be getting in the way. The VPN Passthrough is enabled by default so it should not be blocking any connection. What can also be tired is to do port forwarding for the computer.

Options
2021-02-22 15:21:09

@Tony 

I am having the same issue today trying to work from home on my new AX 60 Deco.  VPN is not working.  Worked great with my last router (Google Nest).

I do not have the antivirus activated on the Deco, nor any of the smart features.  Just using it as a router.  Can you explain more about port forwarding?  Thank you.

Options
2021-02-22 22:49:06

@Stacho 

The ports forwarded would be based on what VPN is being used so say IPSec was used then you would try forwarding UDP ports 500 and 4500: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1797/

The port forwarding shouldn't be needed as the router has the VPN passthrough, but forwarding would be something to try if the connection is being blocked.

Options
2021-02-23 13:07:47
Thanks for the reply. My work VPN got an update and after that it is working fine. I hope it continue working fine.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2627

Replies: 4

Related Articles