Existing Router Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Existing Router Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Existing Router Signal
Existing Router Signal
2020-12-17 16:59:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I successfully installed the Deco M5 WiFi in my house.  The old wireless network signals are still broadcasting through the existing router that the M5 is connected to with some of our devices connected to those older networks.  Should those be shut off and everything running off of the new Deco signal or it is ok to be using both the old router signals and the new one?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Existing Router Signal
2020-12-17 18:13:37
Hi, I am using the Deco only and have shut off the wireless signals from my modem/router. Thus far not experienced any issues with the wireless signal.
Options
2020-12-17 19:27:34

@RSL111 

The recommendation is to make sure the existing router Wi-Fi does not cause any interference with the Deco. If your network has been running fine you can leave your network alone.

Options
2020-12-17 20:45:30

@Tony  Thank you for your response.  How would I tell if I am receiving interference?  

Options