Wifi randomly drops a device and router AC1750 has to be rebooted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-17 21:12:16 - last edited 2020-12-17 21:22:51
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180114 Rel.39265n

I am using AC1750 dual band router which has the latest firmware.

Recently, the wifi from this router dropped a device randomly, today it's this device and romorrow it can be another. While this happening, the affected device couldn't get on internet but all other devices connected via wifi or ethernet cable had no problem using internet. The traceroute command would fail on the affected device but showed quick normal response on other devices. A reboot on the router will solve the problem. But it happened too frequently and became annoying. It's certain the problem resdies on the router, not on a particular device. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi randomly drops a device and router AC1750 has to be rebooted
2020-12-18 21:12:19

@Moonbeam 

Try spreading out the connected devices so not one band has all or majority of the devices connected to it.

Options
Re:Wifi randomly drops a device and router AC1750 has to be rebooted
2020-12-19 04:54:39

@Tony thank you for responding.

I have about 14 devices connected via Wifi. I had enabled both the 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz bands and let the DHCP to handle their IPs within the default 100 IP addresses.  

I am not clear about spreading out connected devices. Do you mean enabling MAC filtering in each band and set certain MAC addresses of certain devices to each band? I would expect the router was able to dynamically use either band for any device if i disable the MAC filtering, But I am not certain about this setting.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 2

Related Articles