Deco mesh unstable and VERY slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-18 01:16:29

I have 3 P9s and 2 M5s as my mesh. We've been running stable "yet slow" for the last 6 months or so but now I'm seeing speeds as low a 6mb down. That is if I get a connection at all. It's not xfinity that is the problem. It's definitely the decos. The are so unstable right now. I have the latest firmware all are connecting fine. We have gigabit internet and 6mb speeds on our network is UNACCEPTABLE. 

what can I do here. I'm pissed I spent the money on this as I've never Ever seen speeds over 30 mb while connected to the decos. Even sitting right next to the main deco now I'm pulling 17mb down and 3mb up. WTF!  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco mesh unstable and VERY slow
2020-12-18 21:19:57

@Hankboonstra 

Could probably be the Ethernet cable going from the Deco to the modem if speeds are also slow near the main Deco. Swap out the main unit with another Deco to see if the current main Deco is causing the slowdown.

Go to your QoS, if you have a section to indicate your internet speed, put 1000 Mbps up and down. 

Options
2020-12-18 21:55:18

@Tony 

That has been done and here is my blazing speeds now:

0.09 Mbps Down

1.28 Mbps Up

Options
2020-12-18 22:00:06

I just used the Wireless assistant on the Deco app and I get this info:

WiFi Signal: Strong

Internet Speed:

Down:  4.6 Mbps

Up:  48.9 Mbps

Ping:  Slow Response

Gateway: 116.46ms

www.google.com:  283.62 ms

My wife is connected directly to the router itself and is getting 430Mbps down and 120Mbps Up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1441

Replies: 3

Related Articles