Self Signed Cert preventing router access.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 02:32:27
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1

Evening, morning, afternoon, 

Hopefully someone can provide some insight into how to get around this, or TP Link will get a 3rd party certificate for their routers. In the mean time, I am getting very frustrated with all of my browsers preventing me from accessing my setting page of the router. When I first got the router it was no issue, and I could do what I wanted to access the page. But with the advent of "protection" from Chrome, Safari, Brave, and DuckDuckGo I am currently getting the NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID error message then the whole explanation from each browser that this could be due to several issues, and that to save me from myself they must prevent me from accessing the page. When you go to the link that is supposed to provide you with insights into what the problem might be and possible solutions, there are no answers and ultimately I am left with no access to my router.

Before someone posts an answer that links to a site where it tells you to clear this, delete that, and then reset your browser, I did the five steps and I am still getting the error message on all five browsers. I have tried many times to look through the DuckDuckGo settings to try and reset them, I have even turned off the secure browsing in Chrome, I still end up with the same issue. Over and over. Very frustrating to the point I am almost ready to buy a new router just so I don't have to deal with this hassle that is an apparent dangerous threat that is providing the actual webpage access that they are blocking in my network.

Ask questions, I will provide what you are looking for, but TP Link if you are looking and listening, pay the money and get the cert signed, push it out to your users. 

If someone has a fix please, let me know. 

I am on a Mac, but I also have PC and Linux. I have access to about 10 different browsers so there is something else going on but what?

Thanks.

Mike

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 0