Amazon Echo Show displays "Unable to obtain IP address from DHCP Server".

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 01:35:23
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)

Roughly once or twice a month my Amazon Echo Show 5 displays a TP-Link screen saying "Unable to obtain IP address from DHCP Server. Please check the WAN connection type or try again later."

At the bottom of the screen are buttons for "Don't remind me again" and "Set up an Internet connection".  I always select the first one to dismiss the message screen and return the Echo Show to its normal operation. It works fine from that point on.

I'm puzzled why I am getting this message.  I also wonder just how my Echo Show is managing to display a screen from TP-Link, with the blue-green graphics and so on.

I have over a dozen other Wifi devices in my home and this is the only one that I know of that is having an issue. I have several Echo devices but this is the only one with a screen.

The "Don't remind me again" button seems to be useless, as weeks later I'll get another screen.

Do I need to set up a DHCP reservation for this device to stop it from displaying this message?

Thanks for any tips you can provide.

Options