Adding TP-Link app onto my task bar

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 23:31:49
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

(sorry, but got no reply in "App" forum, so I'll try with my experts who've tolerated, er...assisted me already)

* Which TP-Link app is the BEST to add to my taskbar?  (pc: HP Pavilion Elite 500f -- Windows 10 64-bit)

* Then HOW do I install it?  (want app/icon that offers features/accessibility similar to Nighthawk/Genie app)

Options
5 Reply
Re:Adding TP-Link app onto my task bar
2020-12-28 23:43:54

TexasIndian wrote

(sorry, but got no reply in "App" forum, so I'll try with my experts who've tolerated, er...assisted me already)

* Which TP-Link app is the BEST to add to my taskbar?  (pc: HP Pavilion Elite 500f -- Windows 10 64-bit)

* Then HOW do I install it?  (want app/icon that offers features/accessibility similar to Nighthawk/Genie app)

@TexasIndian 

Short ANSWER, can't be DONE (with official TP-Link app).

See the app page here, https://www.tp-link.com/us/tether/ and you'll see NO PC version.

Want it anyway, well, you can do it if you want, see https://www.techforpc.com/tp-link-tether-pc-windows-7810-mac-free-download/

However, the app is meant for a phone/tablet, more than a PC or Mac.

What you CAN DO is create a NEW SHORTCUT. Just like this as a Web Document:

This is for my Archer A20. When I click on it (either can be kept on the desktop or put on the Task Bar) it opens the default Browser and presents me with the Router Log-in page and I enter my USERID and PASSWORD, and poof, I have FULL control of the router (Tether can be somewhat limited, but does have other features).

Options
2020-12-28 23:53:21

So there is NO desktop icon shortcut available to easily access your router/features??

Seems kinda odd.  Okay, follow-up question: how DO I access the router 'home page'?

Options
2020-12-29 00:05:50

**  Ironically, your Archer 20 (ac4000?) was the router I was literally in the store about to buy

when saw AX11000 on sale; with additional "today only" discount, it ended up same price.

Options
2020-12-29 00:08:30

TexasIndian wrote

So there is NO desktop icon shortcut available to easily access your router/features??

Seems kinda odd.  Okay, follow-up question: how DO I access the router 'home page'?

@TexasIndian 

I didn't say there was NONE.

You have a phone or tablet, you can use Tether.

Want to play around putting it on your PC, load an Emulator and then use that with Tether (not suggested, as Tether does get updated).

Did you SEE my Screen Capture.

Do the same, Right Mouse Button on the Desktop, select NEW, then SHORTCUT, and then fill it the WEB DOCUMENT tab. If you have the same Router IP Address (probably do) and create it, then click on it (or drag it to your Task Bar if you wish) it will open to the Router's Log-in page. Fill in the requested UID and PW and you'll be on the router home page.

Options
2020-12-29 00:12:00

@TexasIndian 

I got the A20 last March. Didn't need/want AX speed at the time. Not that many AX routers out then, and adapters were not always compatible with all routers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 5

Related Articles