Archer A7 not setting up on Windows 8 laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-31 15:45:39

When trying to access my wifi on Windows 8 laptop the response I get is to enter the Network Security Key. Can't find that anywhere in manual.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A7 not setting up on Windows 8 laptop
2021-01-01 02:09:50

@Hopeless  I am having the same prob

Options
2021-01-01 15:33:21

Hopeless wrote

When trying to access my wifi on Windows 8 laptop the response I get is to enter the Network Security Key. Can't find that anywhere in manual.

@Hopeless 

"Network Security Key" = Wireless Setting "Password'.

Some router also call it "Passphrase"

Options
2021-01-01 20:32:42

@IrvSp yes. I tried the password. Still not connecting to wifi. Also, pulled out my old phone. Tried to connect, says password is wrong same as my laptop.  Created a guest login this am on the tether app. Nope. Old iPhone Wont connect. Says password wrong. I don't know why it is doing this.  Currently not having issues with my regular cellphone however, last night I was having problems with my streaming box connecting to the internet too!!!! 😭😭😭

Options
2021-01-02 00:37:40

@Calibrat 

All I can suggest now is a RESET and make sure you have the lastest f/w installed.

I have seen some people with login problems, but the password had some 'odd' characters in it. I think it worked on some and not others? 'Odd' would be special characters but blanks are OK. Also too long passwords. Don't know exactly what 'too long' would be and it could vary by router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 4

Related Articles