Deco x60 VPN Server support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-03 14:57:06
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201013

Bought this 3 set Deco system yesterday.

WiFi performs OK, and setup was easy, as expected. But..........

The web GUI and possibilities lack a lot of functionality.

WiFi settings ??? they say WPA3 ?? Where?

Channels ??

Will there be VPN server support?

I expected much more from a high end product related to management.

Are there other FW available for this hw ??

Thanks for any answers related to "disclose" som hidden features with this product.

Tom

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco x60 VPN Server support
2021-01-13 18:39:21

@taloever 

Manage of the Deco device is within the Deco app. The web GUI will give access to system logs, the ability to manually update the firmware, and change the timezone. 

If you go into the wireless settings in the Deco app, select the password section there should be options for WPA2-PSK AES and WPA3.

Options
2021-04-11 01:36:40

@Tony Hi, what about VPN server support, I upgraded from the C2300 and was supposed that there is no support for VPN in this model...

Options
2021-05-05 19:48:55
Currently I can only find PPTP & L2TP support *Advanced > IPv4 > Change Dynamic IP to one of those... Some VPNs allow you to use either, but most are going IPSec it would be huge if Tp Link would allow for more considering how much this setup cost. Ivacy PPTP to Chicago worked okay, I went from 921Mb down to 380Mb though using PPTP not really what I was looking to do. Netflix worked, Discovery + did not.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4067

Replies: 3

Related Articles