How do I manually select (& switch) what client connects to which Deco?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-04 00:12:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have 2 Deco M5s in my home. (''Living room'' and ''Office'') 

I tend to turn the " Office'' unit off at night as I dont like the idea of a wireless unit directly below my young childs bedroom. It the goes back on 1st thing in the morning. 

I find that some devices connect to the ''Living room" unit which is further away with a weaker signal. I am guessing its because when the the ''Office'' unit is off it finds the other unit. 

The Deco's don't seem to rescan and find closer clients and switch them to the stronger and closer ''Office'' unit when it has been back on.

When both units are on, is there a way for me to select which Deco units these devices connect to? I can't seem to adjust the setting my self in the app.

(also, slightly off topic but is there way to DISABLE the wireless signal at certain times - that way I can leave it on overnight under my kids bedroom). 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I manually select (& switch) what client connects to which Deco?
2021-01-04 21:49:31

@Larrens 

Unfortunately, you are not able to disable the wireless radios as the app will need one wireless band in order to control it.

Within the Deco app, there is a new option for network optimization which should help in placing the devices in the best setting/channel.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 1