Deco M9 connected via coax router or access point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-05 01:07:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Trying to figure out the best setup. I have a Verizon modem and router (G3100). Just bought a 3 pack of the Deco M9's.  I have an older house with coax cable throughout that was being used previously for a Verizon extender, so the lines still work. 
Plan: I plan to leave the Verizon router in place (has the coax cable and internet Ethernet connected to it) and connect the main M9 directly to this via Ethernet. I plan to connect the other two in rooms with coax cable via Moca coax/Ethernet adapters. 
Question: With this setup, should I use the router or access point setting? And if I use the access point setting, should I enable WiFi from the router? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 connected via coax router or access point?
2021-01-05 17:00:28

@Charlie2981 

Here is an article that talks about the differences of both modes: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2399/

If you don't care about the router features you can set it to AP Mode. The Deco provides the mesh network features on either mode.

I would recommend disabling the Wi-Fi on the Verizon device to avoid interfering with the main Deco Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 1