Multiple Restricted Time Schedules with an AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-05 01:53:51
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Greetings,

Just received a new AX50 and I'm very disappointed that the Parental Controls (via the Tether app) doesn't allow for more than just a "Bedtime" option to disable the Internet for specific devices. Plus, the "Bedtime" option only has two categories - Sunday through Thursday and Friday & Saturday. If, for example, I want to restrict the Internet for "Homework Time" and "Bedtime" I can't do this.

Can anyone suggest an option to allow for multiple downtimes by device? I'd like to solve this via a hardware option rather than a software option to make this easier to manage. Do I get a different router to place between my Internet model and the AX50 to serve this purpose? Is there software that I can install on the AX50 to make this happen? This is very disappointing. My previous routers (different brands than TP-Linke) both had extensive downtime options.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 0