AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router - Where did traffic statistics logging go?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-05 03:01:23
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20201202

I had an old TP-Link 750n router that I recently replaced with an Archer AX21 (AX1800) Router. The firmware version that came with the new router is totally different from the old one and something I can not find is the ability to log statistics on web traffic. I need to monitor how much traffic leaves / enters the router per day. By device is preferred but I'd be okay with just seeing a single statistic.The old Traffic Statistic Logging capability in my last router firmware would allow me to log this info and then I could copy it and aggregate it in Excel.

Was this feature removed in the newer firmware? Is there a way to get it back?

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router - Where did traffic statistics logging go?
2021-01-05 18:30:39 - last edited 2021-01-05 18:30:54

@TOGA62 

The router does not appear to have it. There is an option in the drop-down list for traffic statistics, but with the AX1500, it did not record anything.

Options
2021-01-08 05:29:13

@TOGA62 Was wondering the same thing. I did find some traffic usage information under the QoS settings but it doesn't specify what timeline that data pertains to (if its lifetime usage?, since the last dhcp refresh?, since the last connection?, for the previous day?) 

I really want this feature so I can track my usage through work as I will be traveling for work and need to find a mobile data plan that provides me enough high speed data to get things done throughout the day. 

My interim solution was going to be to use an intermediary OpenWRT router between my main router and my computer to configure some network monitoring tools to my liking. I happen to have a Nexx WT3020F laying around though but DD-WRT routers can be found for pretty cheap these days.

TP-Link continues to frustrate me by removing functionality that people actually use. They did the same thing with the print server capabilities and caused me all sorts of problems. I'll probably be ditching them and switching back over to Linksys or trying out ASUS devices which are way more open and haven't ditched features on their customers.

Options
2021-09-07 16:47:12
Totally agree. I'm new to TP-Link but was hoping that a new generation router like this would have this very basic but helpful feature by default. I hope the next firmware hopefully incorporate it.
Options
2021-12-07 23:52:28
AX routers seems to be stripped of traffic statistics and more such as stations online. The new WiFi 6 routers seem to be consumer only products. Useless for me. Some were beyond 30 days and I could not return. - Maybe someone could correct me - or post a work-around. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3342

Replies: 4