Slow speeds through ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-05 14:39:48
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Hi! I bought the Deco W2400 after consulting the following page: https://www.tp-link.com/us/deco-mesh-wifi/product-family/deco-w2400/#specifications

You'll notice that it says: "2 x Gigabit Ports"

I have a gigabit service through my ISP and can confirm that I get gigabit speeds using all of the cables that I have while plugged into my pc. When I plug any of those same cables into the deco I only get about 80mbps down. It seems that these ports aren't really gigabit ports. Can anyone confirm this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow speeds through ethernet
2021-01-05 19:33:36

@chriswhisenhunt 

That is not correct, the W2400 has 100 Mbps ports. I apologize for that mistake, I'll forward that to get it corrected. A similar Deco unit that has gigabit ports is the Deco M4.

If you look on the box it should reflect them being 100 Mbps ports. I checked the Walmart site and that lists it correctly as well:

Options
2021-01-06 20:28:54

@Tony 

This is unfortunate. I have no way of returning this and told my wife what to buy over the phone while I searched on this site. Is there any way to switch these out with you?

Options
2021-01-07 23:04:24

@chriswhisenhunt 

Unfortunately no, returning it would be done with the company the devices were bought from which would be Walmart.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 560

Replies: 3

Related Articles