port forwarding RDP to wireless clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-06 00:46:04
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 200915 Rel.56357n(5553)

(it is not possible to select my modle from the drop down menu – am I in the correct forum?)

AC750 Archer C20, running latest firmware (200915).

I'm trying to port forward RDP from the WAN to a wireless client on my internal private network. To my knowledge the only thing that is needed is to create the virtual server rule in the Forwarding part of the admin control panel; however, it does not work. Port scan from the WAN side shows no open ports and of course no RDP connection can be made. RDP connections from the internal network work, but this is not proof of much, although it indicates I've made no errors with port numbers or IP addresses.

Is there any kind of bridging that has to be done from the ethernet to the wireless for this to work? I see nothing in any docs anywhere, so this should just work AFAIK.

Any suggestions? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:port forwarding RDP to wireless clients?
2021-01-06 15:52:50

@jeglin 

Set the computer you want to RDP into as a DMZ just to test if the remote connection is capable of working from a device not on the same network. If that does not work, then possibly the local firewall on the computer is preventing the remote connection.

Another thing to try is to open a range of ports consisting of 49000 to 55000.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 1