Guest network, security by using MAC address and not password.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 02:57:55
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Canon printer.  Previously had an ARRIS modem/router and not have the TP-LInk router.  ON the Arris I had to create a Guest network, which seemed to be always live, then use the Canon MAC address to limit that network to just the Canon.  This really worked nice or otherwise I always had to power down the printer and on again to get it to be active so I could print from Apple iphone or MacBook using regular 2G/5G networks that those Apple devices were on.   No, Airprint simply didn't work with the printer, even though that was supposed to be a feature of this printer.  NOBODY at Canon could assist with this issue.  I figured it out myself.  So, does this TP-LINK route have that ability to have an open SSID, but use MAC address to lock out anyone but my printer?    

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest network, security by using MAC address and not password.
2021-01-07 18:16:28

@jgcool 

The guest network is able to be configured with or without a password. If you try to utilize the MAC filtering it will apply to the main network and not the guest network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 724

Replies: 1

Related Articles