Access point set up =(?) small LAN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-08 19:01:45

RE: TP-LINK  Archer C7 AC1750 router

For access port set up, can I send Internet directly to my TP-Link 1750 via ethernet cable and then send private data to my Mac mini via Ethernet patch cable? Goal is to avoid sending personal data via WiFi, only entertainment to EG: TV(s), iPad. Is my thinking correct? If correct, will I then be able to decide, selectively, what is streamed via WiFi vs. what is intended for hardwire only?

Hope that's clear, sorry for ameturist understanding, I just want to WiFi stream my selections, not entire HD data (MAC Mini only has 1 Ethernet input for Internet).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point set up =(?) small LAN?
2021-01-08 23:03:30

@macmurf 

You would not send data to the entire network devices, just to the router, and in turn, the router will send the data back to the specific device, not to everything connected to it like a hub.

So you can use the router normally, and not worry.

I am not sure what you are specifically doing, but data from your hardwired computer would not be easily viewable from your other network devices.

If you are worried about eavesdropping you can look to subscribe to a VPN service for your hardwired computer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 1