Can't get internet when connecting M9 Plus to a Centurylink Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-09 17:20:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am attempting to setup the Deco M9 Plus with my parents current internet and am having the hardest time getting it to work.

I can run through the whole setup process and everything works great until it gets to the part where it tests the internet connection. It has always failed and the light on the deco turns red. I have tried everything I can think of and have chatted with Centurylink numerous times. 

They currently have a Centurylink C4000LG modem/router which is updated to the latest firmware. I have put the modem into "Transparent Bridging" mode along with trying all the different VLAN settings. When setting up the M9 I enter the PPPoE credentials that Centurylink gave me. All of this and I still get a no internet connection when setting up the deco and connecting to its WiFi.

I'm just at a loss at what to do to get this working. I feel like I must be missing a setting somewhere. If anyone has any guidance, it would be greatly appreciated!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't get internet when connecting M9 Plus to a Centurylink Modem
2021-01-11 23:32:03

@TheAustinG 

Connect your computer directly to the modem to see if it automatically gets internet. If it does then switch the Deco to DHCP. The modem may be already handling the PPPoE credentials so you don't need to manually set them in the Deco.

Since you mention PPPoE then it sounds like you have DSL internet? If you have cable internet, leave the Deco on DHCP, leave it on, and only reboot the Centurylink modem.

Options
2021-01-12 16:41:17

@Tony 

Thank you I will try that as I don't think I've tried the DHCP setting yet. I will try it out when I visit them again later this week and I'll report back whether that worked or not.

And yes, you are correct, they currently have DSL for their internet.

Options
2021-01-20 02:42:28

@TheAustinG Please let me know if you get around this issue. I know my PPPoE settings, but still doesnt seem to work. 

Options
2021-04-28 17:14:56

@TheAustinG did you resolve this? I am having the same issue, with the same CenturyLink modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 4