New Tri-Band router and cannot see/intermittent one band SSID broadcast and can't connect to it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Tri-Band router and cannot see/intermittent one band SSID broadcast and can't connect to it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 12:58:03 - last edited 2021-01-13 17:21:22
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901

Brand new Archer C4000. Performed quick setup and modified band names to my specific need. The 5G_1 band does not always broadcast the SSID (broadcast is definitely on) and when I am able to see it I am unable to connect/log in by either computer (Windows 10) or iPhone 11.

Assistance please for this brand new product.

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Tri-Band router and cannot see/intermittent one band SSID broadcast and can't connect to it.-Solution
2021-01-12 17:05:49 - last edited 2021-01-13 17:21:22

@Tony 

Thanks for your response. Great names have great ideas!

My issue has been resolved. I was pretty convinced that there was a HW issue. As it turns out it was a channel/channel width conflict and it was resolved by ensuring that the 2 _5G bands were on different ones of each. Everything now seems to be working well.

I only wish that the engineers at TP-Link would have thought of a way to prevent conflicts such as these when they are designing devices with multiple (similar 5Ghz) bands.

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:New Tri-Band router and cannot see/intermittent one band SSID broadcast and can't connect to it.
2021-01-12 16:40:07

@EagleTony 

It sounds like the 5G1 could have malfunctioned.

Since changes were done to the router, have you tried factory defaulting the device, and leaving it in the default settings?

Options
Re:New Tri-Band router and cannot see/intermittent one band SSID broadcast and can't connect to it.-Solution
2021-01-12 17:05:49 - last edited 2021-01-13 17:21:22

@Tony 

Thanks for your response. Great names have great ideas!

My issue has been resolved. I was pretty convinced that there was a HW issue. As it turns out it was a channel/channel width conflict and it was resolved by ensuring that the 2 _5G bands were on different ones of each. Everything now seems to be working well.

I only wish that the engineers at TP-Link would have thought of a way to prevent conflicts such as these when they are designing devices with multiple (similar 5Ghz) bands.

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New Tri-Band router and cannot see/intermittent one band SSID broadcast and can't connect to it.
2021-01-13 17:21:44

@EagleTony 

Thank you for the solution. I will make note of that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 3

Related Articles