Deco Mesh Environment daily client disconnects and AP devices disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 22:06:29 - last edited 2021-01-11 22:21:10
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

My Deco environment setup

Main DECO:

DECO M5 v2 Firmware: 1.5.1

Satillite Devices:

M4R Firmware:1.4.3  connect via gigabit ethernet cable backhaul to M5 Main

W2400 Firmware:1.4.3  connected via wireless to M5 Main

Two M3W Firwamre 1.0.6

Problem:

Since upgrading to the newest M4 and M5 firmware releases, both the Satillite and Client devices will randomly disconnect and receive poor bandwidth.

This impacts all client devices- IPHONE 11, Samusung S10, 2020 Amazon Fire Tablet, HP and Dell Laptops. The signal strength on all devices are full bars, but poor or stall loading of internet sites and applications.

I have to consistantly disconnect and reconnect to the network to load apps and resolve internet pages. If the satillite devices loose connection I need to reboot the enitre network, Reboot the main, then all the satillites at the same time to restore stability to the network.

The network optimization feature reports the network is perfect 99% of the time.

Connecting my laptop via ethernet cable the connection is great, the issue is solely with the wireless connection.

Troubleshooting:

All decos are more 40' plus apart and spread out over 3 floors. I have a spare M5 and W2400 used for testing.

I swapped out the main M5 with the  Spare M5- no change

Swapped out the M5 with a spare w2400 and set the M4R as the main Deco- No change

Removed the w2400- No change

Removed the w2400 and MR4 - No change

Moved the Decos into different locations- No change

Setup the M5 by itself, no Deco AP Satillites - No change.

Turned off Fast Roaming- No Change

This all started after the recent firmware update to the M4, W2400. Then updating the M5 to the most recent firmware seemed to make it worse. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh Environment daily client disconnects and AP devices disconnecting
2021-01-13 22:15:01

@L0rd3H3lM3t 

I would focus on the one M5 and revert the firmware to the previous build (1.4.9) to see if the stability returns. 

You would download the 10/9/2020 release, extract it, then log into the M5 via the web GUI, and upload the .bin file.

Options
Re:Deco Mesh Environment daily client disconnects and AP devices disconnecting
2021-06-13 22:18:38 - last edited 2021-06-13 22:18:56

@Tony 

Hi Tony- Since your reply I have changed my setup to a simpler design and isolated the deco environment. Main router is a c4000 with the wireless disabled.  The mesh environment is a Deco M5 in access point mode with an M5 satellite node cabled Ethernet back haul and an M4R mesh wireless back haul.   

C4000 Router ---ethernet cable----Deco M5 Main: Access point Mode: FW:1.5.5 20210414
                | 
                |-------ethernet cable----Deco M5 Satillite node: FW:1.5.5 20210414

|

|-------Mesh wireless----Deco M4R Satillite node: FW:1.4.3 20200918

After the upgrade of the M5 to the newest Firmware the devices have somewhat stabilized with the exception of Apple IOS devices.  Both an IPHONE 7 and IPHONE 11 are unstable when using the 5GHZ wireless band. 

I have set up the guest wireless with only the 2.4GHZ band enabled. Both devices and any device with latency issues  remain stable and can continuously ping Googles Public DNS without any drops and very low latency. 

When only the 5GHZ band is enabled devices experience continuous drops and high latency. The latency will be low at first with 15-20 ms ping returns then jump to the 200-500ms+ returns, then pings will drop for a period of time and becomes a continuous cycle of latency and drops.

The issue where seems not to be with the back haul as I originally thought, but with the 5GHZ band.   Devices when connected to the 2.4ghz band work great, but when using the 5ghz band devices will have connectivity issues.  Does not matter is mesh, beam forming, fast roaming is off or on. 

I have turned off mesh, beam forming, fast roaming and rolled back firmware to several different releases. None fix the 5GHZ stability. The only way I can stabilize the wireless network is by hard setting the wireless to use only the 2.4ghz band.   

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 905

Replies: 2

Related Articles