EAP225 Outdoor Access Point 5 GHz channels limited to top 5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-17 19:50:14
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.0 Build 20200604 Rel 5951(5553)

I just set up a new (Amazon) EAP225 Outdoor(US) Access Point in Standalone mode. It is working but I discovered that the setup GUI shows only 5 channels available to choose from on the 5 GHz band, the 5 channels in the UNII3 channel group. This is not acceptable to me as I want to be able to avoid strong signals from my next door neighbor's wifi which is transmitting in that channel group. And of course this is ridiculous anyway since the 5 GHz band is supposed to have all those channels and bandwidth available to be less cluttered and provide high bps throughput.

A friend has now told me that he had the same restricted number of channels available issue with a EAP225 Outdoor from Amazon and returned his. Before I take that route I wanted to check here to see if there might be a fix for this problem.

I have not upgraded the firmware. Is there some specific firmware version that would restore the full range of 5 GHz channels?

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks much.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 Outdoor Access Point 5 GHz channels limited to top 5
2021-01-19 18:39:05

@Lucidus 

Try changing your bandwidth to 20 MHz rather than a higher value.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 560

Replies: 1