Archer AX1500 Slow Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-18 22:49:58
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20201116 Rel. 57075(5553)

So just bought this router to replace my aged Netgear router. Brought it home set it up easy enough. Ran a speed test notice I am only getting half my speed on the 5g connection. So I hardwired into my modem directly to see if the modem was the issue...well its not. I am only pulling 200mbs as opposed to close to 400mbs like I am suppose to be getting. I have tried serveral things to improve my speed with the router. I did a facotry reset, made sure the firmware was updated, hardwired in to test speeds, turn off QOL, changed the channel a few times to see if that was it. Still no luck. I am stumped as to what else I might be able to try to resolve this issue. Oh and yes I did buy (A cat8 eithernet) a new eithernet wire to run between the modem and the router to see if maybe that was the issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 Slow Speeds
2021-01-19 21:48:15

@Atrix 

Did you hardwire a computer to one of the LAN ports of the AX1500 to see what speeds you get that way?

Try switching the wireless mode on the 5G to be a/n/ac (no AX), and test the speeds again.

When testing wireless speeds use other wireless devices as well, also 5G does not do well-traversing distances. If testing the max potential be in the same room.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 818

Replies: 1

Related Articles