Archer A6, after setting to Access Point mode can't reach management port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 20:37:09
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Archer A6, connect via wifi from laptop, configure password, all screens seem operational.

Configure for access point mode, save, router reboots, I can then connect via wifi again but can not reach (ping or via browser) 192.168.0.1

Have reset to factory config and tried this a few times.

TIA

Dave

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A6, after setting to Access Point mode can't reach management port
2021-01-22 18:47:55

@Dave_067 

When the A6 is set to AP Mode it will get a new IP from the main router. In order to log into it, log into your main router and see what the new IP is for the new device and enter that into your browser rather than the default IP.

Options
2021-01-22 20:15:33

@Tony 

Is there a way to set a static IP address for AP mode?

The router we have (essentially IP phone switch) may not be setting an IP address.

If it does set the IP address it is locked down such that I will not be able to log into it to see the IP address.

Thanks

Dave

Options
2021-01-26 23:48:30 - last edited 2021-01-26 23:48:44

@Dave_067 

If the device you want to connect the A6 to does give an IP use a computer to verify that.

For example, wire your computer to the phone device, then look at the LAN settings.

Here is an FAQ that shows how to find your IP: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2392/

If you do that and your computer gets no IP address then the device you are connecting to is not working. Typically you would connect the A6 (AP Mode) to another router.

Now say it does get an IP you know that it does at least work in giving out IP addresses. When you connect your A6, I would then connect to the Wi-Fi of the A6, then install on your phone, our app Tether. This should find the device and allow you to access it, where it should show the IP that you can use on a computer to log into a computer and configure it.

Options
2021-02-02 17:50:21

@Tony 

Thanks.

I come to realize I need it to work in an environment where the IP address can be manually set.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1085

Replies: 4