Archer A7 - does bandwidth throttle when not congested?

Archer A7 - does bandwidth throttle when not congested?
Archer A7 - does bandwidth throttle when not congested?
2021-01-21 16:40:50

I'm looking at buying an Archer A7, and was looking at the QoS settings. Let's say I set a device as low priority, 10% bandwidth. During the day, other devices are using bandwith, so that one gets at most 10% (exactly 10%?). At night, when other devices aren't using bandwidth, is the low priority one still restricted to 10% of maximum bandwidth, even though the other 90% is available/not used, or can it use 100% as long as nothing else is consuming any?

0
0
#1
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 - does bandwidth throttle when not congested?
2021-01-25 17:28:40

@albegadeep 

 

On Chapter 11, page 55: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200113/1910012752_Archer%20C7A7_UG_REV5.1.1.pdf

 

It mentions that devices set as high priority will maintain high bandwidth even with high network load so in either instance the QoS setting hold.

0
0
#2
Options