Deco M5 - One wired node and one wifi node?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-22 01:52:27

Hey guys,

I just purchased a Deco M5 and am wondering something.

I understand that activating the wifi backhaul on a dual band mesh penalizes the mesh because it will use half of the 5ghz antennas for the backhaul.

If Node #1 is wired to Node #2, and Node #3 is 100% wireless, will I penalize half the antennas of Nodes #1 and #2, or will I only penalize Node #3?

I looked at the tp-link FAQs, as well as the forums. I only found confirmations that this hybrid mode does work, but no confirmation on the question above.

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - One wired node and one wifi node?
2021-01-25 19:34:25

@Xcessiv 

Even if node three was connected to node two, node two would use the wired connection for quick communication to one so I don't see one or two being affected.

Options
Re:Deco M5 - One wired node and one wifi node?
2021-01-27 22:26:53

@Xcessiv 

The WiFi penalty will be between Node #2, and Node #3 which is 100% wireless. 

Worst case, you are playing an Interactive Game on a computer connected to Node #3 (either WiFI or Ethernet) the data will flow bidirectionally through Node#2. No if you have a high data consumption device connected to Node #2 via Ethernet, then they will see no noticable spee decrease, but if they are connected via WiFi to Node two, then that device may see some degree of speed inmpact and or the gaming device, connected to Mode #3 may be impacted by the computer demands from the connected device on Node#2.  

It all depends oh how much data is being demanded and or pushed by the connected devices in realtime.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 2

Related Articles