Establishing Signal Source Ethernet Backhaul Fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 13:51:27 - last edited 2021-02-05 00:05:29
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Three M4R units all linked via hardwire Ethernet to my switch in the basement.  Main deco is on the ground floor, one upstairs on second floor links fine with signal source Ethernet.  The deco in the basement will not link using signal source Ethernet no matter what I try.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Establishing Signal Source Ethernet Backhaul Fails-Solution
2021-02-04 13:29:52 - last edited 2021-02-04 13:30:40

@bmanz 

I powered off all the deco units and powered them back on starting with the main and then the remote units.  Once I did that, the remote units found the hardwired Ethernet and are connected in that manner.  The signal source shows up as Ethernet.  You can close this ticket.  Thank you for helping me with this.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Establishing Signal Source Ethernet Backhaul Fails
2021-01-26 17:12:55

@bmanz 

This should be the setup if the ground floor has the main Deco:

__Deco (top floor)

/  

modem > main Deco > switch >/

\

\__Deco (basement)

If that is the case, it may be the port of the Deco, the Ethernet cable the Deco is using, port on the switch. 

I would take the basement Deco to the switch and use a different Ethernet cable on different ports to see if that works, and ports. Another thing to try would be to swap locations of the top floor to see if the issue follows the Deco or stays with the location.

Options
Re:Establishing Signal Source Ethernet Backhaul Fails
2021-01-26 17:34:42

@Tony 

Yes, correct, that is how I have it setup and wired.  This is a recent problem, it was working for months with backhaul to both decos' from the main.  Now the basement is on WiFi signal source.  I will try your suggestions.

Options
Re:Establishing Signal Source Ethernet Backhaul Fails-Solution
2021-02-04 13:29:52 - last edited 2021-02-04 13:30:40

@bmanz 

I powered off all the deco units and powered them back on starting with the main and then the remote units.  Once I did that, the remote units found the hardwired Ethernet and are connected in that manner.  The signal source shows up as Ethernet.  You can close this ticket.  Thank you for helping me with this.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 3