Archer A7 is main router. It's working fine. But, I can't find the other routers on the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 is main router. It's working fine. But, I can't find the other routers on the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 23:24:43 - last edited 2021-01-28 22:57:35
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I successfully installed a new Archer 7 router.  Working great.

I have 5 other routers on my home network.  They are all Linksys routers.

I can login to the Archer just fine, but when I type in the IP addresses of the other routers, the pages won't open.

Is there a setting on my Archer that I need to change so I can locate the other routers?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A7 is main router. It's working fine. But, I can't find the other routers on the network-Solution
2021-01-28 22:02:42 - last edited 2021-01-28 22:57:35

@captainkirk 

Look at the DHCP client list to see the connected devices. (Advanced > Network > DHCP Client).

If your other routers are not listed there, then they are likely assigned a static IP. I'm not sure how your other routers are connected to the A7, but if through the WAN, that may be statically assigned an IP not consistent with the A7 LAN network.

So if the A7 is giving out 192.168.0.100~199 IP addresses, and your Linksys router has the WAN set for IPs of 192.168.1.x then the Linksys IPs need to be changed. 

If the IP addresses are good, then check the settings of the Linksys router as it may be blocking logging in from the WAN interface.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A7 is main router. It's working fine. But, I can't find the other routers on the network-Solution
2021-01-28 22:02:42 - last edited 2021-01-28 22:57:35

@captainkirk 

Look at the DHCP client list to see the connected devices. (Advanced > Network > DHCP Client).

If your other routers are not listed there, then they are likely assigned a static IP. I'm not sure how your other routers are connected to the A7, but if through the WAN, that may be statically assigned an IP not consistent with the A7 LAN network.

So if the A7 is giving out 192.168.0.100~199 IP addresses, and your Linksys router has the WAN set for IPs of 192.168.1.x then the Linksys IPs need to be changed. 

If the IP addresses are good, then check the settings of the Linksys router as it may be blocking logging in from the WAN interface.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer A7 is main router. It's working fine. But, I can't find the other routers on the network
2021-01-28 22:57:28

@Tony Thanks.  That did the trick.

You're a genius.

Plus, I learned something today.

Thanks again!

Options
Re:Archer A7 is main router. It's working fine. But, I can't find the other routers on the network
2021-01-28 23:57:59

@captainkirk 

Very welcome.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 3