TL-WA901N Client Mode not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-28 18:00:41
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: TL-WA901N(US)_V6_200703

First, my unit says "TL-WA901N," not ND. I don't know why I can't find that in the drop-down list.

A few years ago, I bought a TP-Link pocket router. I still have it. It's the WR700N. It has a client mode and has been working flawlessly. I setup client mode, It connects to my Wifi. I then connect the Ethernet port (LAN/WAN) to a small desktop switch and I'm all set. I've reconfigured it a few times over the years and, again, it works great.

I recently had to get another one and noticed it was EOL. So, I bought the WA901N thinking it would do the same thing. Connect to wifi and then use the Ethernet port to connect to a switch or other.

I can't get client mode to work at all.

I'm attempting to connect to a wifi hotspot. I know the hotspot is fine. The WR700N can connect to it fine.

I run through WA901N's Quick Setup wizard for client mode. I choose the correct wireless network and I type in the proper key. I choose the Smart IP(DHCP) option.

But the device does not connect to the hotspot.

I run through the wizard several times. I've reset the unit several times. I've applied the latest firmware.

I called tech support. I chatted with tech support. No one knew what to do. It's possible I have a bad unit, but I wanted to try one more time here.

Cheers,

m

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA901N Client Mode not working
2021-01-29 15:19:19

@mwhalen 

Have you tried using range extender mode or bridge with AP to see if a wired connection works with that?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1183

Replies: 1

Related Articles