Deco M4 - Laptop and Tablet won't stay connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 16:51:05 - last edited 2021-01-30 09:50:39
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Windows 10

Hi,

Im hoping someone can help?

I have a Deco M4 installed as router mode, about 3 or 4 weeks ago i noticed both my Linx7 tablet and Lenovo 100s Laptop were not connected to the network which i thought was strange but tried to reconnect and i got "Unable to connect" so i restarted both devices but still the same message so i hit "forget this network" and then restarted, re-added it but still the same. So i rebooted the Deco and then the laptop connected but had the warning "This network is using an old protocol and may not protect you" which i thought was strange but the tablet still would not connect, so i restarted everything laptop, tablet, deco and once up everything connected and then about 5 minutes later the connection was dropped again. So i factory reset deco and checked i installed the latest WiFi drivers for both devices, they both connected and then 5 minutes later dropped connection.

The only common link between the laptop and the tablet is the WiFi card they are both 

Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter

After running out of ideas i connected TP-Link Support who have been very helpful but still had not luck, they had me do the following

• Change DNS to 8.8.4.4 & 8.8.8.8
  • Disable Fast roaming & Beam forwards
  • Check the gateway address for both device's (make sure they were correct)
  • Ping the Deco
  • Wireshark packet capture (no useful information was found)

on top of the above i have ran the following in Window CMD

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

but still no luck, can someone help please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Laptop and Tablet won't stay connected
2021-02-01 18:47:28

@LitonU 

With the latest firmware, you should be able to change the wireless encryption to WPA2 AES. To set it, go into the wireless settings of the M4 via the Deco app, and tap the password, you will should see the encryption options around there.

Options
2021-02-06 13:50:05
Unfortunatly i did this as well and still nothing, i have had to reset the device twice in the last week as the connection became very sluggish and unstabble.
Options
2021-02-08 17:24:11 - last edited 2021-02-08 17:24:23

@LitonU 

Since it may be related to the password or security, if you were to remove your wireless password on your Deco, do the devices connect without issue?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 3

Related Articles