Printer error "More than one access point has been found" etc.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 22:06:16
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 build 20200918 Rel. 77820

Trying to hook up a LaserJet 200 color M251W. Works fine with other networks, but not with Deco. I have tried WPS and other options. Also tried guest_network. Here's the diagnostic from the HP:

"More than one access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network name (SSID). If this is unintended, your HP printer might connec to the wrong wireless network."

I have the starter kit with 3 Deco's also bought two additional Deco's in case they are needed. Other than this, everything works just ine.

Ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Printer error "More than one access point has been found" etc.
2021-02-01 21:33:03

@davidwess 

The printer may not know your network is supposed to have multiple APs. So I would connect the printer regardless, as the printer connected to one node would be seen by all other devices connected to any node.

Options
2021-02-01 21:43:39

@Tony 

The printer seems to be recognized but will not print. Also, the WPS option seems to succeed. I also tried IP address linking, etc. Still, cannot print anything

Since I posted that note, I attempted to set up another printer, a little photo printer, and that one won't print, either. it is very discouraging because setting up a printer is generally not all that difficult. My solution: I do not use the Deco network for printers, instead I use the 'old' network from the Verizon router. Works perfectly, but it is not the solution I am looking for.

Options
2021-02-02 23:57:23

@davidwess 

Were you able to ping the printer even though you could not print to it?

Also, in the Deco app, did it shows the printer was connected?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2444

Replies: 3