Admin console keeps logging me out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 18:45:09
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

I just upgraded the firmware on my EAP245 last night, and now I can't stay logged in to the admin console. Sometimes it will stay logged in for a few minutes, other times just for a few seconds, but randomly it just kicks me out and sends me back to the login screen.

Anyone else had this happen?  Especially those who have firmware 5.0.0?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Admin console keeps logging me out
2021-02-01 22:17:49

@cactusfamily 

Was the EAP adopted to the Omada controller software? I believe once it is adopted you would use the Omada controller to configure not using a web browser directly to the EAP.

Options
2021-02-02 01:45:27

@Tony based on the fact that I don't understand what you mean, I'm guessing I didn't do that. I've only ever used the IP address to log in to the admin console, from my computer.

Options
2021-02-03 16:31:45

@cactusfamily 

Look at page 6 here: https://static.tp-link.com/configurationguide/managing_eap_standalone_eap.pdf

Edit your session timeout to be longer if the default is shorter than you would like it.

Options
2021-02-04 00:20:09 - last edited 2021-02-04 00:20:38

@Tony as I mentioned in the OP, this is on the order of seconds, not 15 minutes like the timeout default. This is something in the admin console code or firmware. It spans multiple devices and browsers too.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1469

Replies: 4

Related Articles