X60 WiFi speed slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X60 WiFi speed slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X60 WiFi speed slow
X60 WiFi speed slow
2021-01-31 04:15:53
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have Deco X60 with 3 devices setup as access point, all are hardwired back to main router from my ISP. 1G/1G FTTP service. On various devices I consistently hit 800-900 up and down speeds when wired. However when wireless from iphone/ipad/MacBook Pro/iMac I can get no more than 290 download speed.

I understand 900 is really unlikely, but upload speed I will see nearing 400 at the same time download never goes above 290. I can be in the same room as a Deco, or in another room through walls, 290 is it.

The app leaves very little in way of settings to check. I have tired playing with the beam forming (off) and also turning off 2.4ghz network to see if forced 5ghz helped. Nope.

Can someone tell me if this is the speeds it will achieve, and no more? Should I bring back to Costco and spend the money for Orbi?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:X60 WiFi speed slow
2021-02-01 23:13:49

@Jug831 

Go into the QoS settings and make sure the download and upload are not set lower than your internet speed.

Try focusing on one Deco, power down the other two, and test the speeds with various devices. 

What firmware version are you running? (Deco app > More > Update Deco)

Have you change any settings in the wireless menu such as encryption type?

If you were to take the one Deco node directly to the router, use a different Ethernet cable (one that came with the Deco), and test that speed do you get the same with various devices?

Options
Re:X60 WiFi speed slow
2021-02-04 05:05:11

@Tony  Thank you for the advice!

I should mention the Deco are set to access point only, so no QOS to change. Running firmware 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247 which is deemed the latest by the Deco.

I have not changed the encryption setting, unsure if this would help but I will try it as well as the others and report back my findings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 2

Related Articles