Deco X20 Mesh system interrupting remote desktop client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 22:36:59
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just installed this system and upgraded all the firmware.

I notice when using Microsoft Remote Desktop Client on my iMac, it keeps freezing, then reestablishing the connection.  Speed tests are fine.  I did turn on QOS for that client - no difference.

My older $15 WAP worked more reliably :(

Any thoughts?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Mesh system interrupting remote desktop client
2021-02-03 16:01:25

@jzdechlik 

Are both computers on the same network or are you remoting in from the outside and the desktop sits in the Deco network?

Options
2021-02-03 19:34:43

@jzdechlik No, they aren't.  I'm RDP-ing into my computer at work, which I've done for years with the same setup (less the Deco) and haven't had any problems.

It seems like an intermittent connection thing as opposed to a speed thing.  I am connecting to the Deco wirelessly, of course.  It is wired into my cable modem.

Options
2021-02-04 23:37:30

@jzdechlik 

Rather than connecting wirelessly have you tried wiring to the second Ethernet port of the Deco? Does the same issue still happen?

What you can also try is disabling SIP ALG (More > Advanced > SIP ALG).

If you have multiple nodes your computer may be jumping to different nodes. If possible turn off the other nodes as well and see if just one node works fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 794

Replies: 3